Randy
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.
18559950

I pressed the express cool button and all displays went blank

I pressed the express cool button and all displays went blank on my ge profile refer. The compressor sounded like it was trying to turn on but could not. Now I can not even get the electronic display to light up to adjust the temp of the frige part or the freezer part. Before I pressed that express cool button, everything worked fine. Please help.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Do you happen to have the model number of your fridge? I can assume you have ice and water on the door. If so please select the water button and push like you are getting water and see if the light for the dispenser comes on bright or very dim.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
model# XXXXX BB. Water light come on Bright. One thing though we just bought this house and the water and ice dispenser have never worked. It makes ice fine though. The freezer and fridge have always cooled great until I pressed that button tonight.
Okay, does the fan inside the freezer run?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I dont hear a fan in the freezer. The compressor tries to kick on about every 2-3 seconds. I hear a faint noise in the refer part on top on the inside. Again no led lites on top on the inside of refer.
Okay, you are going to need to replace the interface board (the board with the LEDS). This is when you go to express chill tells the compressor when and for how long to run. This board also during normal operation receives signals from the thermostats to tell the compressor when to come on to cool the fridge. You replace the whole assembly as it all comes in on piece. I am sending you a link to a diagram and the interface board is #421 on the diagram. I am here for further assistance and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/GE-Parts/Refrigerator-Parts/Model-PSS26MGTABB/0432/0165000/G0604134/00008?blt=06&prst=0&shdMod=PSS26MGTABB