Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a kenmore electric range Model C970440732 it is locked

Customer Question

I have a kenmore electric range Model C970440732 it is locked out and the board read SAb how do I fix this. I need to get bakaing for the church fair tomorrow
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tom Johnston replied 1 year ago.
Hi welcome to just answer my name is XXXXX XXXXX i will be helping you today with your problem.

Try pressing and holding the clock button Until it goes out. Let me know what happens
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No response
Can you tell me what all the buttons say please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Button say main one SAb and on the burners they say 5b.

My husband just pushed clock again and got and error F11 and then went back to SAb.

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

this is in Sabbath mode or one of your keys on the touch pad is stuck. try pressing and holding the clock button in for 5 seconds and see if it unlocks the sabbath mode.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing happened. Held for 5 seconds and then for 15 seconds.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
okay unfortunately your oven control board has failed. I know this isn't the best news and not what you needed to hear but thats the issue. your control would need to be ordered and replaced to fix the issue. and it gets worse. according to my warehouses its no longer available. the part # XXXXXXXX-XX-XXXX you may find one if you search the web but I cant promise you that. I really wish I had better news, sorry. I hate giving people bad news. the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your help. I guess the church will not eceive my baking this time. I have only had this stove for two years. Not so good but I will try to find that part. Thank you for your time and effort.
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
your very welcome God bless and Good luck , thanks . Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.