Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Modle 417 48112 washer has water in the tub and wont start.

Modle 417 48112 washer has water in the tub and won't start. Checked drain hose door and soap despenser. Can you help?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today.

-Could you explain your situation a little more? what does this do exactly ? do the lights light up ? does the door lock ? is anything making noise at all ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It does nothing. some lights light up

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No response from Tech. I will not be paying for this poor service..

which lights light up? do you hear any noise what so ever like a motor ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No noise. Start light blinks, add garment on, washing on
Okay, is there water in this now that hasn't drained ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes.

for some reason this didn't drain so you cant reset the washer, what you need to do first is get the water out. tip the machine back against the wall and scoop as much out as you can . then remove the bottom access panel in the front # XXXXX to access the drain pump remove the hoses from the drain pump and remove it, check for obstructions. let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no obstructions.

okay if the door isn't locking at the beginning of the cycle the door lock assembly has failed. the machine wont run unless the door is locked. you need to order and replace this. heres a link to the part and a video on how to replace it. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Door-Lock/131763202/1531974#repairHelpVideoTabs the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Are you sure. I don't want to buy parts to find they don't fix the problem.
yes if the door is not locking and the lock lite on then yes I'm sure. this is a common problem on these.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Lock lite is not on.
I would suggest replace the lock assembly I mentioned above. thanks , Bryan
I hope you received my last post. We are having site issue's if so the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan