The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

I have a Moffat dryer Model RUXR453EB3WW and it has stopped

I have a Moffat dryer Model RUXR453EB3WW and it has stopped working. When I turn the start switch it will only run as long as I hold the switch in the "on" position. When I release the switch, the dryer stops an I hear a click. Suggestions?

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

The motor in your unit uses a centrifugal clutch switch to keep the motor running after it has started. If the switch fails then the motor will only run if you have the start switch activated.

Unfortunately the only way to repair this is to replace the whole motor. The switch is not available separately.

Thank you for trusting me with your problems.

Please select a POSITIVE RATING (Ok Service or better) and a bonus is appreciated. This is how your professional receives credit for their time.
If for any reason the rating box is not visible, or you are unable to enter a rating, please let your professional know.
This is ment to be a running dialogue, and for this reason it is very IMPORTANT that you reply using the REPLY TO EXPERT tab if more information
is needed at any time BEFORE rating.
Please remember to ONLY rate an answer when you are 100% satisfied.
If you feel the need to rate Poor or Bad Service, please STOP and reply to your professional via the REPLY TO EXERT tab with
the issue you have. They will be happy to continue further and do everything they can to provide you with the service you seek.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It was transported on its side, would that have caused the switch to fail?

Is there an adjustment that can be done to the motor?

No transporting it will not affect the clutch. There is no adjustment to the clutch.

The only resolution is to replace the whole motor.

is needed at any time BEFORE rating.