Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Kenmore model 795.79002.901 - fan is working but air is not

Kenmore model 795.79002.901 -
fan is working but air is not circulating in refrigerator.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you open the freezer and tell me if theres any frost at all on the back wall behind the food ? check real good. you said you unplugged this was there frost last night ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There was a little frost on the back of the freezer last nite. I plugged it back in this morning for a bit and the freezer is circulating air now, but not the refrigerator. I unplugged it again.
okay, can you remove the back panel inside the freezer? the very back wall panel behind where your food goes ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I can't figure out how to remove the panel

these can be tough. there should be screws holding the panel in do you not see any ?panel # XXXXX on this diagram you need to remove 135C also.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I can't get the panels off. The ice maker would also need to come out and the rails on the side. Too much for a girl like me. Thanks anyway

okay, there is one thing you can try. leave it unplugged for the rest of the day and leave the doors open. this should defrost it by this evening. then plug it back in and try it again

see if air comes through then.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can you tell me what you think is wrong with it. It's only 2 years old and used by one person. I thought an appliance like this would last for years. I spent enough for it. Could you give me any ideas as to the problem?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
In case I can get some help, could you tell me what to look for when the panels are off?
sorry I had to go out, if you get the panels off look for a lot of frost on the coils, of course you have had this unplugged quite a while so I'm not sure how much you will find now. the problem is either a defrost issue or the damper isn't working. it could be either.
I hope you received my last post. We are having site issue's if so the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan