Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service
40730774

I have a whirlpool quiet partner 1 dishwasher that runs short

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool quiet partner 1 dishwasher that runs short cycles. I think it might be stuck in sales demo mode but I don't have the manual. How do I get it to do regular cycles.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. My name is Justin. I will work hard to help you solve your problem, start to finish. As we move forward with your problem, please remember to provide positive feedback after you accept my answer. You will still receive additional assistance at NO EXTRA CHARGE should you require it. Now, let's get started shall we... I'll require a valid model number please. It is found by opening the door and looking by the door gasket on the frame. I'd like to pull up your schematic and other technical information so I can help you most efficiently. I'll be awaiting your reply.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
DU1015XTXS1
Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.
Thank you very much. Please allot me a few minutes to access information on this so I can try to address your problem. Thanks for your patience.
Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.
You are not in sales demo mode. In that mode, no active components would work, only the touch display so people can play with the interface. Does your dishwasher run 15-30 minutes then just shut down? The reason I'm asking is because there is a known occurance of this happening on this model due to faulty electronics. There was an electronic engineering revision to the main control board addressing this specific issue. It had to do with sensitivity issues in the sensing system. The original part number has actually changed from W10195349 to W10395153. I have personally replaced a dozen or more of these controls due to this issue. One other thing I want you to know is that you can go to www.whirlpool.com and print your owners manual out there since you don't have one. If this symptom is characteristic of your problem currently, you'll need to replace that board with the part W10395153. To order it, you may call(NNN) NNN-NNNN They'll deliver it to your door. Unfortunately it is pricey, but it's what is required to repair this issue. To recap, this is a known issue, and the control board has been revised with updated electronics to address this problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, it does run 15 to 30 minutes but once in awhile I can get it to go to a whole cycle
Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.
Yep, classic characteristic of this known issue. I promise your problem will be solved by replacing that main board. As I said, it's an issue they addressed with their electrical engineering team. The part has been changed, all old inventory purged, and you'll get yourself a working dishwasher once it's installed. During the install, kill the circuit breaker obviously :)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Is this something I can do myself?
Expert:  replied 2 years ago.
Yes. You'll remove all the screws around the inside of the door liner. They are usually a TORX 15 bit (star bit size 15). With the door liner removed, you can access all the components. There are two clips which hold the thermal fuse into the body of the control board housing. You have a few clips that hold the wiring retaining guard on. There is a push tab that you must depress to slide the control board to the side. Take a few pictures with a digital camera as you do it. I still do that often when I disassemble something unfamiliar. It'll take you a few minutes, since you've never done it before. Just take your time, take pictures, and you can do it. I have faith in you. Anyone with two hands, a little patience and a little mechanical ability can do this job. Taking pictures from multiple angles is the absolute best thing to do by far. You do that, you'll have no issue :)
Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience: Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service
Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.
One last piece of advice. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHOULD YOU PULL THE WIRES OFF THE THERMAL FUSE. Instead, pull the fuse out of the control board housing by pushing on the tabs and pulling the fuse out with the wires still attached to it. The fuse is round and has two black wires to it. You won't miss it as it sits inside the control board plastic housing.
Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.

This is Justin with Just Answer. Just checking in to see how you're making out with the dishwasher. Don't forget to leave me positive feedback if you haven't already. Thanks a bunch, and best of luck.

Justin