Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

MY MAYTAG WASHER HAS GIVEN US YEARS OF SERVICE WITHOUT REPAIR,

MY MAYTAG WASHER HAS GIVEN US YEARS OF SERVICE WITHOUT REPAIR, BUT NOW IT WILL NOT STOP FILLING WITH WATER AND OVERFLOWS. HOW SERIOUS IS THIS? IS IT A PART THAT CAN BE REPLACED?
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have the full model # ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Maytag Model4512 Series 04 B5594

okay that model #s not comming up . where did you find that ? look under the lid for a model number tag. if its not there look along the top of the control panel. when this overfills what do you have to do to stop it ? does shutting it off stop it ? or do you have to shut the water off ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
top of control panel have to shut off water

okay so even with the machine shut off water comes in ?its a bad water valve, these are electronic and after so many years they stick open .heres a link to order it .

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Water-Inlet-Valve/205613/3440 this will fix your issue, it comes with instructions but its easy to replace, this is the part the water hoses from the house connect to in the back. well wishes the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan