Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Maytag A6910 Washer - fills to appropriate level then stops.

Customer Question

Maytag A6910 Washer - fills to appropriate level then stops. I have the front cover off. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning. Okay on this machine its the lid switch assembly thats the issue. this is a common , its up in the control panel. remove the screws alone the top of the control panel and tip the control frontward. you will see the lid switch assembly. you need to order and replace it. you can call appliance parts center @ 1-800-540-0800 and they will send it right out , ask for Bradly. tell him Bryan for just answer told you to call he'll give you the discounted price. hope this helps, the part # XXXXX XXXXX the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan

Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Bryan - would the lid switch stop the motor from running or agitation? Typically, the machine will operate w/ the lid up or down except when spinning.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
yes, this lid switch will stop the machine from running once its filled if its bad. a very common issue with these. we replace a lot of these. the fuse in the lid switch may be blown or not but its the switch assembly causing your issue. there are two switches and a fuse in the assembly. It needs both switches and the fuse to run.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks - I will give you a good rating however, I won't actually know if you're right until I replace the part.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It didn't work. I replaced the part you indicated and put everything back together and there was no change. I then took it apart again, but this time the hinged lid switch w/ the spring that moves when the door is opened popped off. I'm having a problem putting that back - I can't find where the spring hooks onto from the hinged section, which keeps it in place.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
It's not clear it the answer was inaccurate or incomplete.

I performed the suggested part replacement and it did not solve the problem. Now I have an additional problem that needs to be remedied.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 2 years ago.

I see that you have relisted your question ,But you have already paid the last expert !!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not sure if I understand - do I click on the smiley under Bryan as "bad service"

That is up to you .

I can not tell you what rating to give him !

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK - I clicked on the smiley and submitted
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What else do I need to do to initiate this
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
you replaced it and still nothing ? sorry I was off line . does this go to spin when you advance the timer to spin ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It only fills. Nothing else.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay do you have a volt meter you can check power to the motor with?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Bryan - I reset the lid switch (was able to reattach the spring) and re-installed the lid switch assembly. It worked. Your diagnosis was right; however, I would recommend explaining to the next person how to fit the assembly on top of the lid switch that moves when opening and closing the the lid. Also, that there is some "play" in the lid switch assembly and how the lever fits into the assembly.
Thank you.,
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Thats Great! I will remember that, thanks and best wishes, Bryan.