Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I just moved into a home with a side by side Whirlpool Gold

Customer Question

I just moved into a home with a side by side Whirlpool Gold refrigerator. (Less than 3 years old). I have all the settings as high as possible but still items are freezing on the shelves and in the crisper. The front door temp reads 43 when the recommendation is 38. On the top shelf things are not freezing but from the top down they are.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

do you have the model number so I can look this up ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't. I am away from my house right now. It will be this evening before I can get that. Should I just wait until then to work with you (or another tech?)
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay thats fine just let me know later, thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Oh boy, these are having a lot of issue's what you need to replace is the control board. # XXXXX on this diagram. its right behind the key pad you use to control the temp. you can order this @ http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdi rect/part-number/Kitchenaid-Parts/Refrigerator-Parts/2214765/0046/106/Model-KSCS25FKSS01/0593/0165000?keySuffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=W0305018&diagramPageId=00011&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=KSCS25FKSS01&subCompDesc=Control%20parts&brandDesc=KITCHENAID&modelDesc=COUNTER-DEPTH-REFRIGERATOR&blt=11&shdMod=KSCS25FKSS01 I would try calling and see if you can get the factory to pay for this, they are having a lot of issue's with these. hope this helps. the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Wow. When I call the factory how would I convince them that I know they have had lots of trouble with this? Or is it pretty common knowledge?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Here is the model number: GIOFSAXVY

SN: KW44O4954

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
for some reason I must have pulled up info for another refrigerator for someone els and posted it on your or there was a computer glitch. you just gave me the model number which you didn't before so I couldn't have looked yours up. now I have to find who this info belongs to. the model # GIOFSAXVYb doesn't come up however can you recheck that ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no b at the end. But yes, that is correct. not sure if the "O" is a letter or a number but the rest are letters so I assume a letter.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
I cant get that number to come up. are you getting this from the tag on the inside of the refrigerator section or from a book ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
tag inside of frig. It is a whirlpool gold side by side with freezer at the bottom.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

I think I found it, now I'm trying to find the damper assembly.the diagrams are not to clear on this one. can you tell where the air flow from the freezer comes into the refrigerator section in this ? it should be in the middle back part of the fresh food section.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When I pull the lowest drawere out there are vents (three slits) in both corners coming up from the freezer

Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay thats goo, but the issue is the air damper in the ice maker assembly in this unit. the ice maker is in the refrigerator section and thats where the problem is, the damper is # 11 on this diagram .

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
its needs to be replaced, you can order it @ http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part- number/Whirlpool-Parts/Refrigerator-Parts/W10127427/0046/464/Model-GI0FSAXVY00/1198/0161000?keySuffixId=NA&pathTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=W0906091&diagramPageId=00004&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=GI0FSAXVY00&subCompDesc=Motor%20and%20ice%20container%20parts&brandDesc=WHIRLPOOL&modelDesc=BOTTOM-MOUNT-REFRIGERATOR&blt=11&shdMod=GI0FSAXVY00 this will fix your issue. thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Great! I think I will turn the ice maker off for now and see if that corrects it. (would that be the case?) If so I will order the part and change it out.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay. I'm not sure if shutting the ice maker off will do it but hopefully it will. until you get the part, have a great day, thanks Bryan