Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my microwave, model mmv4205ba, has no power. outlet/breaker

my microwave, model mmv4205ba, has no power. outlet/breaker are OK. IS THIS THE MAGNETRON OR SOMETHING SIMPLER?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

when you say no power is the clock and everything dead ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
clock and everything is dead.
okay the thermal fuse has blown. its # XXXXX on this diagram its not expensive but is a pain to replace,you need to use extra caution when working inside these microwaves. they can be dangerous even when unplugged the high voltage capacitor can store a lethal amount of voltage please be careful. you can order this @ hope this helps, the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
your answer was wrong. the thermal fuse was ok. the problemwas an open cavity t.c.o. which requires removal of the microwave from it's mounting on the wall. i think i am due a refund.
peter athens

did you have this worked on ?the thermal fuse is the usual suspect it that type of issue on yours, I would have been happy to go further into this if you wished, the link I gave you had a test to check it and if that wasn't the issue I will be happy to help further, its difficult sometimes on line to get everything right the first try, do you still want help ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the microwave has now been repaired. no further help needed..
okay, thanks, Bryan