Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my H E washer will not power up and is coming up with code

my H E washer will not power up and is coming up with code F71 what does this mean?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get us the full model number so we can better assist you ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Kenmore elite HE3

mod# XXXXX 702

ser# CSW2712459

okay I believe its 110 at the beginning of the model but thats okay. the issue is User interface heartbeat failure, this mean the key pad is not communicating with the CCU (central control unit) give me a couple of minutes to look up the service sheets. thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes you are correct 110 at beginning of model# XXXXX badLaughing
the issue is the interface on this . number one on the diagram.its the control panel. what I would suggest before ordering this is remove the top of the machine and check all the wire harness plugs going from the interface (control) to the CCU .# XXXXX on the diagram. if they are good then order the interface.heres a link to order it. athTaken=partSearch&pathRender=modelComponent&documentCompId=K1005003&diagramPageId=00003&productTypeId=x&searchModelNumber=11047852702&subCompDesc=Control%20panel%20parts&brandDesc=KENMORE ELITE&modelDesc=RESIDENTIAL-WASHER&blt=11&shdMod=11047852702 .hope this helps. the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan