Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.

I have a frigidaire self-cleaning oven. I would say that it

I have a frigidaire self-cleaning oven. I would say that it is at least 15 yrs old. It fits back into a cabinet. Our power went out and now all it will do is beep and reflect F1. How do I clear this as the cancel and clear button will not clear this out? I appreciate any help that you can provide!
[email protected]
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Okay, did this just start happening? Can you still operate the oven?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, this happened last month when we lost power. I have not been able to use it.

Okay, I know this is bad news but unfortunately the F1 is the error code for a bad control board. The only thing to do is to replace the control board and that will correct the issue. Sorry about the bad news but that is the only solution. I am here for further assistance and thank you for your time and patience, RAndy.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Based on the age of my oven, would it be worth it to replace this control board or just replace the whole oven. What's the cost on a new control board???

Right now saying with the age of your oven and knowing the average cost of a control board, it may be better to replace the oven. If you send me the model number I can look up the control board.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Having trouble finding my paper work on this appliance, but thank you for trying to help!
You are welcome and to be honest if I was in your shoes I would replace the oven. Again, I thank you for your time and patience.