Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Ref: Kenmore series 90 Heavy duty dryer The dryer is running

Ref: Kenmore series 90 Heavy duty dryer
The dryer is running but there is no heat!
we vacuumed the filter and underneath the dryer.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

can you get me the full model #?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

stock # XXXXX

okay great ! do you have a volt meter ? I need you to test the heating element , do you think you can do that ? Heating Element Assembly(NNN) NNN-NNNNMain Product View
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No, can't do it! (70 year old senior with no technical ability!)

I guess I'll have to have someone come in or buy a new Dryer.

Oh, I'm sorry. the most likely cause is the heating element. this costs around $42.00 plus labor to replace, the whole job would probably be around $125.00 if that helps. at least you know how much so you can weigh your options. the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thanks Bryan,

We will probably try to have the heating element changed.