Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have a jen air fridge and the it is blowing warm air and

I have a jen air fridge and the it is blowing warm air
and freezer not working

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good morning, Can you pull the refrigerator away from the wall and listen down by the compressor area and see if you hear a clicking or buzzing every 3-5 minutes or so?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no buzzing just fan running
okay can you remove the bottom panel over the compressor and feel it ? is it cold,warm, or hot ? is it vibrating ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is warm but not really vibrating.
okay,the compressor isn't running. the major issue with these is the start relay. this is plugged onto the side of the compressor and pry's off. you need to replace it. you need to order and replace it. heres a link to order it. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Start-Device/67005560/1159182?modelNumber=JFC2089HES?RCAID=1000065 hope this helps. the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
I hope you received my last post. We are having site issue's if so the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Compressor is running, i changed the control board and still blowing warm air
can you remove the back panel inside the freezer and tell me if theres any frost at all on the coils ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will check later but what if there isn't
then if there isn't and the compressor is running thats a sealed system issue, most likely either a clog in the dryer or the freon is gone which means its leaking.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What kind of money r we talking?
If the compressor is bad its a lot somewhere between $ 600-800 if its a leak they have to find the leak and fix it then recharge it. thats would be between $200-400 have you taken the back off yet ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am not at home. I will be there this afternoon
okay just post back when you can get a look. thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
No frost in cools
okay its sounds like either a freon issue or compressor issue if the compressor is running. you will need an HVAC tech to know for sure which. sorry for the bad news. thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I had a repair guy come and he said it is probably the coil or leak. He said he can't fix it
I was kinda afraid of that. if its an evaporator coil leak the only way to fix that is replace the entire evaporator which is very expensive. sorry for the bad news, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Roghly how much?
the evaporator comes in a kit and is $120.00 the labor is around $200.00 and then theres a tap valve, about $10.00 and freon $60.00 , these are averages on everything but the evaporator. so your looking at around $400.00 . the parts are available .
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How sure r u that this is the problem? Could it be a defrost electrical issue?
if theres no frost on the coils inside the freezer yes I'm sure. of course if the tech didn't put gages on this and vacuum the system down then I cant say for sure. he should have done a leak test to find the leak. if he didn't he's not a good tech .