Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

model ggwn250pwo The lock/unlock control is not working.

model ggwn250pwo

The lock/unlock control is not working.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Good afternoon, Are you saying the control lock is on and you cant get it off ?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay can you open the door and recheck the model number on the tag ? its not comming up fro some reason.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry, I gave you the wrong MOD #. The correct MOD # XXXXX XXXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay Perfect. Give me a few minutes to look this up. thanks , Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OKAY
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
Okay , do this. Press and hold the end of cycle button in for 5 seconds, this will unlock the control. hope this helps, the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Pressed & held end of cycle button. No response.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay thats not good, do any of the buttons beep when you press them ? was the door shut when you tried that ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No Beep. Yes, door shut when I tried cycle button. Only red light on is the lock/unlock status
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay I'm looking up the tech sheets, this may take a few minutes please hang on .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
okay
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.

ACTIVATING THE DIAGNOSTIC TEST MODE

1.

Be sure the dryer is in Standby Mode (plugged in and all

indicators off).

2.

Press the following button sequence: More Time ➔ Less

Time

➔ More Time ➔ Less Time - all within 5 seconds.

3.

All indicators on the console are illuminated with "88"

showing in the "Estimated Time Remaining" (two-digit)

display, if this test mode has been entered successfully

try to get this into diagnostic mode and tell me what it does.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nothing. Estimated Time Remaining screen completely blank.
Expert:  Bryan replied 2 years ago.
okay unfortunately at this point I have to give you bad news. As much as we hate to do this we need to. your main control board has failed.this is $221.00 at the following link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/8546219/1060737?modelNumber=GGW9250PW0?RCAID=1000065 you need to order and replace it. its number 57 on this diagram. hope this helps.the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.