Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.

Frigidere stack washer set to normal cycle. Press the start

Frigidere stack washer set to normal cycle. Press the start button and after a few seconds the 5 LED panel on its right start to flash continually. Must cancel. Repeat same result. Wait 24 hours same result.. Reset curcuit same result. Check all connections and door lock, no change. Cannot start the washer, lights contine to flash. Curcuit board? Out flow drain plugged? Cant afford a repair man. It's fix it or buy something used (cheap).
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Okay, do you happen to have the model number of your washer? Also, so it does NOTHING at all but flash the panel correct?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Model is a 2007 Electrolux labeled FTF2140E53. Correct Randy. Flashing lights, can't start.

Okay, now rigght next to the 5 LEDS is the start LED, does that flash too? Also, is there a pause between the flashes? If so I need you to count the number of time the 5 led flash and then number of times the start flashes between pauses.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Randy, On the beat: Start flashes 1,2, pause, 3,4,5,6 (all lights)
So, the start flashes twice and the five leds flash 4 times?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Okay, one last question, can you open and close the door?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The door opens freely. No lock down happens.
Okay, well the flashing tells me you have an E42 error code. This correlates to the machine thinks the door is still locked. I am sending you a the tech sheet for your washer and with E42 it is telling you to do test #8 which is the door lock. As per the door opening and closing okay you need to replace the control board as it thinks the door is still locked. Feel free to print out the tech sheet for future reference. I am here for further assistance and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.