Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Gaggenau oven (Model number EB378160). It is about

Customer Question

I have a Gaggenau oven (Model number EB378160). It is about 20 years old. I cannot find anyone to fix it. It has not worked in over 10 years. I have just left it in place since I had another small oven. I have a huge family and cook a lot (six married kids, 17+ grandkids) so I want to either get it working or replace it. At first it would go on but never heated up enough. Now it will not even go on. The clock blinks and the oven light goes on but that is it. Help!

Thanks,
Sherry Purdy
Meridian, MS
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

good afternoon. I just looked up your model and most of the parts for this are no longer available. most likely this is a board relay issue and thats no longer available. finding a tech for this is almost impossible as you know already. I hate giving you bad news its not what we like to do here for sure, I understand your frustration with this. the problem with trying to get a tech to work on this is he may find out what the issue is but most likely will not be able to get you the part. He will charge and then tell you the parts are no longer available and thats a waste of your money. I would look into re[placing this at this point. sorry for the bad news. hope this helps make up your mind what to do though. the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I would like to replace my oven with another. It is 36 inches wide. There are few ovens that large. What oven would you recommend. I would be willing to replace my small 27 inch with a double 27 or 30 inch oven, preferably one made in the U. S. Any recommendations for a brand with less issues than Gaggenau. Both of my vents also quit working soon after I got them. I should have tried harder to get them fixed but just got frustrated trying to find someone to fix everything!

Thanks,

Sherry

Expert:  Bryan replied 1 year ago.
are you looking for high end ?