Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Ice container on my whirlpool side by side refrigerator

My Ice container on my whirlpool side by side refrigerator won't go back in all the way and I can't close the freezer door all the way. The ice maker is working fine. Just need to put the container back in all the way?

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

Do you have the model number ?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
where do i find the model #,
look inside the refrigerator section on the walls or the ceiling for a tag.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the model # XXXXX ED2FHEXNS00
Okay perfect. the first thing you need to check is the auger (container) and make sure the part that goes up against the fork in the back of the freezer isn't turned so it hitting the fork and preventing this from sliding in all the way. have you made sue it lines up correctly ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Grrrrrrr That was it. Oh well saved $200 for a call out Thank you
Great ! glad to see you got it in, yeah sometimes these will turn on you and not go in. good job. the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan