Randy
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.
18559950

Is my new motor right? I have a Maytag Neptune MAH5500BWW

Is my new motor right? I have a Maytag Neptune MAH5500BWW that needs a new motor. I got one and it is the same as the old (mounting bracket and holes the same, voltage, phases, pully, etc;) except for two things. New one is 2.5A vs old one at 2A, and the connector on the back is different. Do I need to just get a new cable as it may be a replacement model?
OLD Motor - Part # XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNN Model AHV 2-42-P-09
NEW Motor - Part# XXXXX(NNN) NNN-NNNN Model H55BMBJL-1820
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. With your model of washer there was a conversion halfway through that model and on all later models. That being said, there are two motors to order with your washer. One if your washer has already been converted and the other (which I suspect you need to order) is the motor conversion kit which also contains a new motor controller and the wiring. To tell which one you need to order you go by the serial number of your washer. So, if you have the serial number of the washer I can find out which motor you need to order.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
A1932685AX
Okay, you do have the wrong motor. Now unfortunately the conversion kit runs about $100 more than just the motor alone. With that being said whoever you ordered the motor from should have told you what I told you and asked for the serial number. You need to call and where you got the motor from and tell them what happened. You should be able to take or send back the other motor and get a refund to apply to the new conversion kit. The part you need is #12002039. It comes complete with instruction for the new installation and is very easy to do. I am sending you a link so you can see what all comes with the kit. I am here for further assistance and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drive-Motor/12002039/949491