Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.

Icemaker in my LG frefridgerator not working. Seems like no

Icemaker in my LG frefridgerator not working. Seems like no water coming in. Unit is 1-1/2 years old. Local appliance guys do not work on LG. I am located in Lakeway, Texas.
Thank you.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Okay do you happen to have the model number of your fridge so I can pull up a diagram and better assist you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Model No. is LFX28978ST/00
Okay, on the bottom front of your icemaker is a test button and may have a gray dot. Go ahead and push that button for 2 seconds and put your icemaker in to test mode. At this time make sure it turns and slightly flexes and then fills with water. In short make sure it cycles. I am sending you a pic of the bottom of your icemaker so you can see the button. Let me know what happens.

<a href=Ice Maker AEQ72910408 Main Product View" width="417" height="327"/>
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Okay. I think it's fixed. I pressed the botton and it dumped some ice cubes and then refilled with water. Thank you so much.
You are so welcome and just bear in mind if it fails to dump ice again then you will need to replace the icemaker. The test button bypasses the icemaker built in thermostat so your icemaker is bad if it doesn't dump the next set of cubes. The part number for the icemaker is AEQ72910401. I am here for further assistance and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is not working.
Okay, like I stated then you need to replace the icemaker. It will run in test mode because in the test mode you are bypassing the thermostat and forcing it to run. It doesn't run in the normal mode because the thermostat built in to the icemaker is bad. You need to replace the icemaker and the part number is AEQ72910401. Again thank you for your time and patience, Randy.