Jon
Jon, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Service Technician with 10+ years experience.
60802242

Viking model vgic3666bss with dsi, doesnt spark on bake or

Customer Question

Viking model vgic3666bss with dsi, doesnt spark on bake or broil-no tech sheet, how do I troubleshoot system?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  repairman4734 replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is Farrell & I will be helping you with your problem today. Thanks for your question. Your problem lies with a bad spark module. There is no troubleshooting on this part, replacement only. Unless we are an authorized servicenter, which I'm not, you will have to call subzero, for the nearest parts and supply house for you. Be sure to have your model number available, as that is what they will ask for. The unit will have to be lifted out of the countertop and turned slightly for support. Lay a couple of towels on either end . Remove burners and knobs on top. Then all screws around edges. Then you can lift the top off and repair. Be sure to turn power off before servicing. Open the following url for information on ordering parts;

http://www.subzero-wolf.com/contact-and-support/index.aspx
Hope this helps, and thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Your answer sounds like you think this is a cooktop-it is a full size range. Burners work fine, oven does not bake or broil.
opting out, wait for another servicer contact.
Expert:  Jon replied 2 years ago.
Hello

My name is Jon and I am an authorized Viking service tech and I can help you better today if you still need it?

You need to check amperage to the igniter and for voltage as well.

Let me pull up your model specs and help to better.

Give me a few minutes to look it up and get back to you.

Thanks.
Expert:  Jon replied 2 years ago.
Ok this is the standard 36 inch range.

You need to remove lower access vent and take a look first at the wiring to th igniter. If it is cut or broken or not connects in fully it will not give you any power. And on this model if you done that the igniter getting hot and pulling I enough amps, around 3.2 it will not open the gas valve to let gas come into the unit to light.

Usually the igniter's just fail. S if you put on bake cycle and dont see the igniter glow at all then you have a bad igniter.

This is thmodel common problem to this machine. Especially if the top portion works fine.

You can find the igniter and any other parts you need at www.allvikingparts.com or by calling viking directly.

Here is a link to the igniter you cause in your machine. Just copy and paste the link below to our browser to open.

http://www.allvikingparts.com/Ignitor_p/pb040001.htm

Just get back to me here if you ave any other problems and I will help you more.

And if you feel that I have answered your question today please remember to rate my performance below with ok service or better rating. But if you feel that I don't deserve that kind of rating please don't leave negative rating. Just simply hit the reply button below and come back here so that I can help you more until you are completely satisfied with my answers.

And after you rate positively, should you have any other questions or concerns on this machine, you can always comeback here and I will help you more for no additional charge.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for responding, my problem is that this is a direct spark ignition system, not a "glow coil" type ignitor. As I noted originally, neither bake or broil spark, no gas nothing. Top burners work fine. I have no experience with DSI systems other than whirlpool ranges, but have only seen a couple of those. Don't know how to troubleshoot Vikings system.
Expert:  Jon replied 2 years ago.
Hello again.

I am sorry. I didn't see that this was electric spark ignition model.

If neither the bake or broil igniters spark then you would have to check power from the main control or relay board to the ignition module under the surface of the top burners.

If there is no power being sent from the main relay board to the ignition module then you would get this complaint of no spark to either the bake or broil igniters.

It is common on this machine.

If you have power to the ignition module but still no spark then you need to change the ignition module. If yo unable no power to the ignition module then you need to change the main board.

Get back to me here when you are ready to check this machine and I will walk ou through it if you need me to. Then we can determine what parts you need.

Again, sorry for the mis info before. I now see your exact model and all the parts exploded view diagrams for it so get back to me if you need more help.

Otherwise, if you can check the power on our own and determine if you need either the ignition module or the main board you can order the parts again from allvikingparts.com or from Viking directly. And if you feel that I have answered your question please remember to rate my performance below with ok service or better rating so that way I can get credit for helping you.

If you fee that I don't deserve that kind of rating yet and you still need more help please don't rate me yet and hit the reply button and comeback here and I will continue helping you until you are completely satisfied with me help.

Thanks again. .