Jason
Jason, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  15yrs experience
63955563

AREAS OF REFRIGERATOR ARE TOO COLD . FOR EXAMPLE...THE LUNCH

AREAS OF REFRIGERATOR ARE TOO COLD . FOR EXAMPLE...THE LUNCH MEAT FREEZES IN THE MEAT COMPARTMENT. Also...freezer compartment smells.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I will be glad to assist you in your answer. Think about safety when doing repairs, electric, water, gas, ect.

What is the model/serial# XXXXX the data sticker in the fridge section please. By having this I can view a digram of your model fridge to further assist you.....thank you

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have looked and looked and looked. I cannot find any information for you.

The fridge is approximately 22 years old. The fridge came with the house.

No manual.

There is a number on the motor. D123LGAA

Looked a third time...nothing. Sorry.

Any general information about fridges would be appreciated.

Without a model #, I am afraid I will just have to give you some basic information. I am doing this blind to what you have. All refrigerators are built differently. If you unit has defrosted lately, the drain pan under the fridge may have liquid in it that smells. If not, then clean out the whole unit with 50/50 water and vinegar. Then put coffee in a sock and store in there for a couple days, and the smell should go away. For the freezing, turn the temp down to middle setting on control knobs. If things are still freezing in the fridge, then the thermostat that has the "off" setting may be faulty, or the damper that allows air to come into the fridge from the freezer section my be stuck. One, or the other is faulty is normal instances. If the freezer is on top, then thermostat will be the issue. If the unit is a side-by-side unit, then the problem could be either damper, or thermostat. If you find this information useful, please give me a great rating. Thank you