How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 13453
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Maytag RSW24EO frig. How would I replace the cubed

Customer Question

I have a Maytag RSW24EO frig. How would I replace the cubed solenoid in it?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 4 years ago.
Hello my name is Barry, thank you for choosing our service.

Is the dispenser giving crushed ice no matter where you set the selector?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes. crushed ice and water are fine. but for cubed ice it shuts off the frig and flips a breaker at the box turning off the electric supply for 1/2 the kitchen.
Expert:  Barry G. replied 4 years ago.
I understand, unplug the refrigerator. Pull out the ice bin and look for the square hole that has the part in the picture below. Will that push up and down with your finger?

Take your time,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes it does push up and down.
Expert:  Barry G. replied 4 years ago.
You might better pull that whole assembly out, there may be a wire burned back behind it. That is the assembly with the square hole and the drive for the ice bin. That is where I would look if I were there. I wish I could be more definite but it is starting to sound like a shorted wire.