Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

I have a Bosch dishwasher, model #SHU9905UC/U06 that I have

I have a Bosch dishwasher, model #SHU9905UC/U06 that I have had for the past twelve years. I love it, but recently it has not been cleaning the items on the top rack like it used to.

The bottom rack still cleans great. I checked to see if the arm was rotating...it was, but slowly.

ACTION I TOOK:
Cleaned out the drain, including taking off and cleaning the ejection pump. Also checked channel from pump to upper arm. Took upper arm off and cleared all of the orifices. My only thought is that the seal on the upper arm connection may be worn, but it appears to be in good condition.

Can you offer any suggestions?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 2 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and I will use all my training and knowledge of 40 years to help you with your Problem today ,, thanks

if you replace the upper spray arm it will fix the problem and the part number is 359976 which cost about $26 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you also make sure the hot water is set to 120 to 140 degrees and go to walmart, home depot or sears and buy some dishwasher magic or affresh (dishwasher magic is the best) and run though the dishwasher at lease 2 to 3 times and it will clean the filters, spray arms, pump and hoses and this will clean it out and it will work fine
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why would replacement of the arm work if it has no clogs? I thought maybe the pump was not strong enough...possibility?

Frank.
the pump is strong enough if the lower is still pumping hard, the arm can have a spit or its binding, have ran across this many times in the pass
i have to leave for a doc appt so do you have any further questions and if not then please remember to rate my answer based on the service you have received here today. If there are any problems at all, please respond so we may have a positive outcome.
Experience: Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service