repairman4734, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  38 years in self-employed major appliance & refrigeration service. Have 2 licenses to do refrig.

My Miele stove top has one burner with an igniter that wont

My Miele stove top has one burner with an igniter that won't stop clicking unless we turn another burner's gas on. This just started yesterday; we have unplugged the electric cord and plugged it back in; crazy clicking continues and shocks us if we try to touch the apparatus. What can we do?
Hi, my name is Farrell & I will be helping you with your problem today. Thanks for your question. In order that I might help you further, may I please have the model number of your cooktop, please, and thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Farrell--thanks for your message. The model number of our stove is KM 326G gas cooktop.
Hi Margaret, please recheck the model number, as it does not come up in the system. If it is correct, it is not listed in any of my parts websites. The problem you have is a bad spark module, located inside the cooktop. If you know where it was purchased, or go to your nearest appliance parts warehouse, take your model number, and tell them you need the spark module for this model. To repair, turn the breaker off, lift the unit out of cabinet top and support by turning a bit sideways. Remove the burners and all screws that hold top down, and lift off. You can now make the necessary repairs. Hope this helps, and thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm sorry--this doesn't help me at all, since there is no way to lift our unit out of the cabinet top! I've given you the right model number--I just checked--but there are three other combinations of numbers and letters beneath the KM326G--would it help you to have those too? The firsst is 9J422ORN. Could we have another round of communication? thanks--
Hi Margaret, you will need to contact miele at the following for part number and price to;

From what I can find, is there are no breakdowns to give you the part number and prices.
Hope this helps and thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Dear Farrell,
I rated you OK so you could get paid, but I remain extremely disappointed in the whole process, and wish that your company allowed me to pay you for your time (5-10 minutes, I imagine) but not the lump sum that they have deducted from my credit card. I should have gone directly to Miele, I see now. I won't be so naive again. I do thank you for trying to help with my problem. Margaret
Margaret, thank you for your response, anything else I can do to help solve your problem?