The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances

I have a whirlpool cabrio wtw 6200 washer and it has a balance

Customer Question

I have a whirlpool cabrio wtw 6200 washer and it has a balance problems where should i start does it have balance rods it wont even finish a load?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 4 years ago.

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

The problem may be a suspension rod that has come unhooked. If that is not the case then there is a problem with the balance ring attached to the top of the tub. Unfortunately that part is not separate from the tub. You will have to order the whole tub to replace the balance ring.

FYI: this seems to be an emerging problem with this series washer. You are the third person with the same exact issue in the last week or so. If this becomes a trend with a good portion of the units the manufacturer may issue a recall or repair offer. I would not count on it being very soon though. These things usually take at least a year to get to that point.

The best thing you can do is contact the manufacturer and advise them of the problem. The more that do so the better chance they might help you with the repair.

Thank you for trusting me with your problems.

Please select a POSITIVE RATING (Ok Service or better) and a bonus is appreciated. This

is how your professional receives credit for their time. If for any reason the rating box is not visible, or you are

unable to enter a rating, please let your professional know.

This is ment to be a running dialogue, and for this reason it is very IMPORTANT that you reply using the

REPLY TO EXPERT tab if more information is needed at any time

BEFORE rating.

Please remember to ONLY rate an answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to rate Poor or Bad

Service, please STOP and reply to your professional via the REPLY TO EXERT tab with the issue you have. They will be happy to continue further and do everything they can to provide you with the service you seek.