Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Have jen-aire downdraft gas stove top elec. oven. The elec.

Have jen-aire downdraft gas stove top elec. oven. The elec. control clock went out and put in a new one which went out first time turned on gas burner. Put in another new one and worked for a week and then went out. the part number that keeps going out is 71001799. Got any ideas?
May I have the units model number to better assist you .
If you open the door it will be on the units face frame .
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Jen-aire SVD48600
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I will replace the spark module and the clock board again. Why don't they make a fuse for the board? It is very expensive. Is there any other part that could be causing this? I could replace it now and save on having to buy more boards.

it could be the downdraft control but I replace the cheaper component first .

Very few manufacture install inline control fuses .

With out a fuse it means the control will need replaced , and repair parts is how thay make money .

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Just one last thing. When I turn the circuit breaker off then on the clock lights up and then goes out as soon as I use the gas igniter. Hope that I only need to replace the igniter module.

Thanx again

Yes it sounds as if the module is using too much power and dropping the power out to the clock .