J1204, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  5 Years servicing major home appliances, specializing in washers and dryers. 7+ years diagnosing electrical circuits

Electrolux washer dryer. EWD 12141 The machine is situated

Electrolux washer dryer. EWD 12141

The machine is situated in a property I rent out and it has been reported faulty.i found that it would only complete the C cycle program.On the cooler program's D M N the machine fails to start.These work on cold fill only according to the manual.when I investigated under the sink unit I discovered the cold supply tap was in the closed position.i turned on the supply and fully expected the machine to work but this was not the case.Could it be the inlet valve has been damaged or can the machine be "returned to factory setting"
Hi i'll be glad to try and help you with that. If you're having nd issue with no cold water the first thing I would check would be to remove the cold line from where it connects to the back of the washer and make sure the screen isn't clogged(will be a fine screen inside the valve the line attatches to). If that looks ok, the problem would more than likely be a faulty watet valve. Hope this helps, any other questions just let me know. Josh
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks but I am having difficulty in obtaining details of the valve for this machine so at the moment I do not know if your advice will be the answer.I will contact further when I can get the part and fit it letting you know if I have had success
Not a problem just let me know if I can be of any further assistance. Josh