Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

dishwasher keeps going out. it has been fixed 2x already

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

What parts have you replaced on this dishwasher? The touch control panel?

And do you have a full model number? It should be located on a sticker around the frame of the dishwasher and can be seen if you open the door.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The control panel has been replaced and the problem came. the sart button does not light up. JDB1100AWS33706100JJ
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
What do you mean exactly by "The control panel has been replaced and the problem came". That doesn't make a lot of sense to me because it seems like an incomplete sentence?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The panel which control the dishwasher was replaced. It worked for a while and now the start button does not light up to start the dishwasher. We are a household of 2 people so the dishwasher is maybe used once a day. We only start the dishwasher when it is full. In other words, it has not been abused.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
OK so that's what I thought, thank you for clarifying. This touch panel fails OFTEN and honestly the problem will continue to happen throughout the life of the dishwasher as it's by far the most common issue that happens. The problem is that moisture gets between the touchpad sticker and the plastic control panel which shorts out the display board. You'll want to order and replace the touchpad to fix this issue. Below is a link to the touchpad you'd need to order and replace.

Now, to prevent this from happening in the future, I put a coating of clear nail polish around the outside edge of the sticker. This prevents steam from getting through under the sticker and the touchpad seems to not fail anymore in my experience.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.