Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

have a sears refrigerator model 955722. ordered replacement

Customer Question

have a sears refrigerator model 955722. ordered replacement handle and cannot remove the end cap of the old door handle to install the new one. How do you remove the old end cap
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Can I get the full model to better assist you? It should be located on a sticker near the ceiling of the refrigerator.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
106. 9555722
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
106. 9555722 ,106. 9555722
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
OK perfect, thank you. Now this diagram is fairly terrible and doesn't show the end cap well. Is there a way you can take a picture of the end cap in question and send to to me using the paper clip button over top of the text box?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
unable to take picture. the end cap looks to be a crome snap on but cannot get to snap off. have tried prying off but can't get off
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
I think there is a front decrorative face on that end cap. The face should pry off of the end cap exposing a screw through the end cap that you need to unscrew, then the end cap pulls off. part 5 is the face I'm talking about in the image below.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
there is not a front decorative face on the end cap. The end cap is solid and one piece
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Part 5 on the diagram shows that it pops off. I can only go on the diagram unless you send me a picture to show me something different.