Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

I have an American style Samsung fridge freezer without the

I have an American style Samsung fridge freezer without the water cooler, it is about 5years old. It used to make a noise like an aircraft and kept defrosting, now it has a huge block of ice at the bottom of the fridge. And the freezer doesn't work any more. The thermostat shows temperatures between 5and18. Is it worth getting an engineer out to it or is it just fit for the bin?
Hello I'm Larry and I will use all my training and knowledge of 40 years to help you with your Problem today ,, thanks

may i have the model number please
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry don't know it can't put my hands on the paper work and can't see it on the fridge freezer
it should have a sticker on the inside right hand fridge wall or ceiling with the specs on it and model and serial numbers
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks found it. It is difficult to read though so I hope this is correct, RS21NGRS
thank you now tell me more on whats going on with the fridge please
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It doesn't get cold really, the motor sounds like its working, there is a huge block of ice at the bottom of the fridge part that drips onto floor, I have tried defrosting it but it just makes an awful noise and forms another block of ice, the freezer part doesn't get cold hardly at all
look inside the freezer and fridge and tell me if their is frost on the inside back panel and if the fan inside is blowing please
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There is loads of ice in the fridge part and a bit of frost in the freezer part, I don't think the fan is working
is it cool in the fridge side and freezing in the freezer side?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
your not going to like what i have to say but your having a sealed system problem (melt down) and you will need to call in a sealed system tech to get into it and to fix the fridge and it can cost up to between $700 and $1000 so i cant tell you what to do since its your fridge and not mine but i would look at putting that money towards a new fridge instead of putting it out on a older unit ,, sorry i cant give you better news