gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs
51919146

I have a Frigidare top & bottom fridge and replaced the auto.

Customer Question

I have a Frigidare top & bottom fridge and replaced the auto. ice maker. Being unfamiliar with all possible ice makers, I purchaced a IM115 from Lowes, and the new wire plug does'nt fit the O.E.M. plug on the fridge. I've started to hard wire ( I cut both plugs ) the ice maker in, but, the new ice maker only has 4 wires off it, ( Lt. blue, black, yellow, Gr./yel ), and the fridge has 7 wires off it, (2 green, 1 blue, 2 black, 2 white ). Am I wrong in my thinking, that I can hard wire the ice maker to the fridge, and I do not have schematic to tell me color codes for fridge. Please advise. Thank you very much, ahead of time.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.

gst85 :

good morning.

gst85 :

i have never heared on any one wiring an ice maker.the new model should have came ith an adaptor to fit the new one.

JACUSTOMER-h1bvxh87- :

hello, good morning

gst85 :

do you have the full model number?

JACUSTOMER-h1bvxh87- :

yes, frt24xhawo

gst85 :

thanks.just a few minutes please while i look at the diagrams.

JACUSTOMER-h1bvxh87- :

thank you, no problem.

gst85 :

your welcome.i will try not to take up much of your time.

JACUSTOMER-h1bvxh87- :

so long as what I'm seeing is correct, the 2 extra wires (white, black) are not used, will that create a problem?

gst85 :

every single wire has a purpose and needs to be used.now it seems that the ice maker that you bought is not oem.i dont believe that you can purchase the wire harness itself but i have can provide you with the correct part number that calls for this model that includes the same exact harness connections for this model.

JACUSTOMER-h1bvxh87- :

please, if you could?

gst85 :

that is not a problem.i will get you the info in just a minute.

gst85 :

Replacement icemaker kit. Four round female connectors at end of wire harness. Comes with adaptor that converts harness to three round female & one round male connectors

gst85 :

www.repairclinic.com

.

Manufacturer Number 5303918277

gst85 :

this part# will include the entire replacement kit that you will need.

JACUSTOMER-h1bvxh87- :

Do you recomend who to purchase this from, and, Can I hard wire this unit in without plugs?

gst85 :

you can purchase it online at repairclinic.or you can also get it at your local appliance parts dealer.i would not recommend that you har wire the ice maker.

gst85 :

hard

gst85 :

i have posted all of the info that you will need.

gst85 :

if there is anything else that i can help you with just let me know.

JACUSTOMER-h1bvxh87- :

thank you, no. bye

gst85 :

your welcome.before you go please click on a smiley face.

gst85 :

are you still there?

gst85 :

please remember to click on a smiley face before you go so that i may receive credit for assisting you.

gst85 :

only the 3 top ratings will credit me

gst85 :

i hope that i have been helpful.

Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.
it seems that you may have stepped offline and did not click on a smiley face.i wish you the best of luck.