Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

have older ge monogram diashwasher. i get the reading ,washer

have older ge monogram diashwasher. i get the reading ,washer arm blocked so i rearranged the dishes several times and there is no blockage. kept getting the warning so i took everything out and cut on and still get washer arm blocked after it runs for a minute. even chaged settings and stil did it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you put all the arms so that they are facing one direction and then shut the door and start a cycle, start a cycle and open the door after about 20 seconds of it washing. Did all the arms move? Do this about 3 or 4 times to be certain and let me know if all the arms are moving and if one of them isn't, which one is not moving?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it only has one arm but in center thereis a pop up spray head that on ly pops up when you shut door and cut on
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Do you have a model number so that I can better assist you? And if it only has one arm, can you still do the same test and let me know if that arm is moving or not?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
in not at home currently. ill run your test and get model number at lunch. its 10:30 central time where im at. ,
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
ok, just let me know when you can.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
,
the model number is XXXXX serial is hd781475b. as you recommended i checked to see if the washer arm moves and it does. my manual said in the event the washer shows blocked arm signal when in fact its not just hit start button again. i did that and it restarted and did not give me the blocked signal through the entire cycle. ill try again from the start after the cycle finishes to see if it gives me the signal again without having to hit start button a second time. what do you think this could be
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
OK perfect, so hopefully the dishwasher will continue to running for now. If not then the wash arm would need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
, i let the washer go through full cycle after pressing start button for second time per manual.then i started a new cycle and it gave me the blocked arm signal again. i pressed star again and it goes through cycle normally. so,since it occurrs from the first cycle and not second cycle,what do i need to focus on. new washer or control panel
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
I'd say probably a new control panel, but it's really hard to know for certain unfortunately.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.