Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Duets dryer was bought new about 5 years ago and has worked

My Duets dryer was bought new about 5 years ago and has worked great until the last four or five months. First I received an error code and after researching it, I discovered it said there was a power error, and the trouble shooting said to check the plug. I found it somewhat loose from the wall and I unplugged it, and plugged it back in fully and it started working again.

Shortly thereafter, it started showing condesation building up in the LED screen and then it starts to beep as if its done, while it still goes. Then after a few loads, it wont turn back on.

If we let it sit long enough, we can go again, but it happens again. We can wash it on a timed cycle versus using the sensor, but it doesn't seem to dry the clothes, even on high and in for a long time.

Any advice?

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

It sounds like moisture is getting inside the dryer and shorting out the control board. This generally happens if the vent behind the dryer is clogged, or if the vent going through the house is clogged. Also, if you don't have a damper flap on the outside of the vent, moisture can be blown into the dryer from outside the house so you'll want to make sure you have a damper flap to prevent excess moisture from causing this issue.