Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

MAYTAG NEPTUNE II WASHING MACHINE TOP LOAD PERHAPS 10-12 YEARS

MAYTAG NEPTUNE II WASHING MACHINE TOP LOAD PERHAPS 10-12 YEARS OLD
IN THE SPIN CYCLE THE CODE uC FLASHES. IT WILL NOT COMPLETE THE SPIN CYCLE.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

This error means that the washer thinks the tub is un-balanced. Now this can be caused by a clutch below the tub that is starting to slip and catch, or possibly the out of balance displacement sensor has gotten wet and needs to be replaced. I'd replace the out of balance switch first which looks like a black plastic bar mounted to the front left portion of the tub and extends out to the outer shell of the washer. Below is a link to the out of balance displacement sensor you'd need to order since this part commonly fails and is by far the most likely part that has failed.

CLICK HERE

If you still ahve problems, then the clutch would need to be replaced.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Do you have any idea what the parts for this would cost ?
The sensor is about $90 and the clutch is about $150-200