Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair
14958677

RA-RTH

Customer Question

Good morning , I have a Sharp carousel 2 microwave that is stuck on the lock mode and can't figure out how to unlock it. Sorry but I can't give you a model # XXXXX they aren't any where I can see them. The microwave sit in a wall cabinet. Any suggestions ??
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 4 years ago.
Welcome..I have 23 years of Experience In the Appliance Repair Field..Working directly with All Major Appliance Brands...First Press the Clock button, then the # "1," then hold "Start" for three seconds.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Did what you asked but no luck :( any more ideas ???
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Did you get my answer,that your suggestion of clock,#1,hold the start button for 3 seconds didnt work? any suggestion again ,Did what you asked but no luck :( any more ideas ???
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
are you still here
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I tried the clock,#1,start for 3 sec and no luck. Any other suggestions
Is the door locked shut..?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I asked my question,tech responded with instructions that didn't work ,ask for further suggestions and didn't receive a reply.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no,it just shows the time on the window then when you try to put in a time to cook or do anything the window flashes the word locked then goes back to the time of day showing. You can open and close the door with no problem.
Sorry for the delay...The model number is XXXXX a tag..Look on the inside wall for the tag...There has to be a model number there..Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hey Bob, had to go out for a while but I'm back. The tag that is on the inside wall can not be read due to it being faded. Sorry. Any other suggestions to try and unlock the unlocked mode :)
Have you looked for a model number at the back also..?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Bob we took the microwave out of the wall unplugged it then plugged it back in and it reset itself so I no longer need any assistance we fixed the problem.
Great job..Glad you are back up and running..At least my suggestion to locate a model number at the back has sent you in the right direction...As each model has its own format of entering the child lock feature..Thanks Bob