Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have whisper quiet kitchenaid dishwasher. Start button will

I have whisper quiet kitchenaid dishwasher. Start button will not work. Cancel button starts cancel cycle. Other buttons light when pushed.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so that I may better assist you? It should be located on a sticker around the frame of the tub and can be seen if you just open the door.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Kudm25shwh1
OK perfect, thank you. Now since the cancel button still puts the unit into cancel/drain mode--that means that your door latch assembly is working and the unit knows that the door is shut. Unfortunately this means that the start button on the touchpad has failed and this part can not be replaced separately. The start button is part of the entire plastic touch control panel and below is a link to the part you'll need to order and replaced. I'm really sorry about the bad news.

CLICK HERE

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks but I need the panel in white
Interesting, I see that but I wonder why it came up in black when I typed your model number in. Either way, every look up is coming up with 3 different black versions which means that the look-up is just incorrect. Either way, the look up is a bit messed up but I called repairclinic.com and they said that all the parts (white, almond, and black) are converted to BLACK now. The part number you need is the same I gave you before, unfortunately the black is the only color they make now.
I see this question is still open and you haven't rated me, is there anything else I can help you with today?