Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

How do I adjust the door or hinges of the oven. The door opens

How do I adjust the door or hinges of the oven. The door opens about 3/4 of the way and feels as though one of the hinges is bent or out of line. The door is not opened evenly on the bottom left and right.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

There are no adjustments to the hinges at all on viking door hinges. If the door is locking out and won't open all the way, look down at the hinge and make sure one of the silver looking tabs on the hinges didn't accidently flip up. If the locking tab is flipped up and preventing the door hinge from opening further, then flip the tab back down and you should be good to go again. If the locking tab ISN'T stoping the door from opening, then both door hinges just need to be ordered and replaced because they have failed (probably one of the more common issues for Viking ovens in general).

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
There's a silver tab on the right side that is up and it is bent downward at the top into almost a V shape. It doesn't seem to stay down when I push it backwards or forward. Which way should it go down? The door is not fully locked. It will open all the way down, but it opens crooked or out of line. You can the the open between the door and the body of the stove about an inch wider on the right side than on the left. Any other suggestions?
It sounds like that silver lever on the right side has bent and the hinge will need to be replaced. It should push down and forward and stay in that position---I'd look at the left side if what I said doesn't make sense so that you can see how the left side is attached. Either way, it sounds like you're going to need to replace the right hinge at a minimum.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I just noticed that there's a screw missing on the left side which would hold together the inner panel of the door with the outer shell of the door. The inner panel on the left side is bumping out. That's the opposite side of where the silver lever is that appears bent. Do you think that would make any difference?
It's possible that this is what caused the issue on the right side, but if the silve lever is bent, I think even installing a new screw will still result in you needing to replace the right hinge. There is only one way to know and that's to install a screw and see what happens.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is it advisable to try to straighten out the bent lever to the shape of the lever on the left side? Will I be creating a dangerous condition?
yes, you can definitely try to straighten it out, but those levers commonly break off if you try to bend them back in shape.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you
no problem and good luck.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Last question, will the problem get worse if the lever breaks off?
it will not get worse, no. But removing the door to replace the hinge may get more difficult since those levers are used to lock the hinges out so that you can remove the door.