gst85
gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs
51919146

i am working on a ge gtwn4250m1ws washer. the agitator locking

i am working on a ge gtwn4250m1ws washer. the agitator locking ring will not disengage so the machine is thrown back and forth when it agitates. I checked the wires going to the agitator solenoid? but i do not get any voltage reading when it is supposed to disengage.
would that be the control board on the motor, the main control board, or some other thing?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  gst85 replied 2 years ago.

gst85 :

hi there

Customer:

hi

gst85 :

im going to pull up the diagrams for this model and will be right back

gst85 :
gst85 :

just one quick question.about how old is this model?

Customer:

no more than 2 years

Customer:

i think

gst85 :

so after the tub fills will it start to agitate?

Customer:

it does the light agitation as the tub is filling, but when the tub is full it still agitates but the agitator locking ring does not disengage so the tub slams back and forth with the agitator action.

gst85 :

ok when you tested the solenoid,did you test for voltage or continuity?

Customer:

there was no voltage to the solenoid when the machine was running. i also checked continuity but i forgot to write down what i got.i think 0 ohm

gst85 :

okay.so i dont think that this is a control board or motor issue.just a sec while i look at a few things

Customer:

ok

gst85 :

the part that your calling the locking ring is actually called the (mode shifter asssembly)

gst85 :

that part is just going to be bad.

gst85 :

are you doing your own repairs?

gst85 :

it seems that it stayed stuck on one position.

Customer:

yes. i am a service guy but i try mostly work on commercial, easy to fix machines.

gst85 :

ok so then you can replace this part yourself.

gst85 :

i will get you the part# XXXXX well as as diagram.

Customer:

thanks

gst85 :

Part Number: PS2354082

gst85 :

your welcome.

gst85 :

this is all the info that you will need.

Customer:

thanks for your help

gst85 :

your welcome.before you go please click in a smiley face.

gst85, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: i have over 15 yrs experience in home appliance repairs and installs