J1204, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  5 Years servicing major home appliances, specializing in washers and dryers. 7+ years diagnosing electrical circuits

I have what I believe is a bearing squeak. Ive checked and

I have what I believe is a bearing squeak. I've checked and its not the belt, motor, or idler. there is a black powdery stuff coming out of the center on the back. I don't want to just tear into the dryer without finding some directions on how to take it apart.
Hi ill be glad to try and help you with that. What type, of dryer is it, also a model number would be helpful. Thanks, Josh
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It's a Frigidaire Affinity

Model # XXXXX

Serial # XXXXX

Ok, yes more than likely the noise you're getting is a bad rear bearing(not uncommon on the frigidaire dryers) to access the rear bearing assembly you have to remove the front from the dutryer and pull the drum out. You can't get a bearing kit that contains everything you need its part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN The complete kit normally runs about $30. Josh
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is there something visual that I can look at for taking apart the dryer to get to the rear bearing?

Is their an expanded view? Or Visual reference?

If you go to you can put in the model number and the parts lookup they show is an exploded diagram of the dryer. also has diagrams and some videos for a lot of appliances. Worse case just let me know and I can try to walk you through it. Josh
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks that's what I was looking for.....I'll try it out this weekend when I can tear into it.
Not a problem, any other questions just let me know. Josh
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Just one more quick question. It all looks pretty easy....thanks for the web site with video. I was going to order the maintenance kit (#1261075) from the repair clinic site but is said 1992 - 2001. Is that referring to the year? I bought mine in '06.
That doesn't look like a frigidaire part number, unless its their stock number. The frigidaire part number is5303281153 for the repair kit, it includes the plastic bearing,rear drum support,replacement screw and bracket and high temp grease. If their kit is showing those parts, it should be the same thing. Josh