The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

one of the ignitors on my gas stove will not stop trying to

Customer Question

one of the ignitors on my gas stove will not stop trying to ignite the eye. How do I stop it from continuing to ignite?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 4 years ago.

Hi. I'm Smitty. I am a professional appliance repair consultant here to help you diagnose, and repair, your appliance.

If it will not stop you will have to turn it off at the breaker panel or unplug it behind the unit. Most stoves are hard wired so the best method is the breaker panel.

To help you diagnose the problem I will need the make and model number of the unit, please.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I unpluged the stove top and then plugged it back in. It did not stop trying to ignite it.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
unplugging the appliance did not solve the problem. When I plugged it back in it started igniting again.

Unplugging it will just stop it from clicking. To fix it you will need to either clean out whatever is bridging the contacts for that burner or replace the infinate switch for that burner.

For me to help you fix this I will need the make and model number of the unit, please.