Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My microwave has power but when I put something in to heat

My microwave has power but when I put something in to heat it up it does not heat it even though it appears that it is.... the inside table is rotating. Is there anything I can do to fix it. Thanks
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If the microwave still looks and sounds like it's working, but it's just not heating--that means your magnetron has likely failed. The magnetron is the part that actually creates the microwave to heat the food and it commonly goes bad and rarely gives a warning. The part itself costs about $100-150 so depending on the condition of the microwave, it may be better to just replace the microwave rather than repair it.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.