Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a whirlpool dishwasher model # XXXXX It work

I have a whirlpool dishwasher model # XXXXX It work great until just recently when it stopped fully rinsing the soap from the dispenser. On further examinaton, the bars don"t appear to be spining when it is running even though water is spraying out of all the holes. The filter screen is clear as can be and water level seems fine. I don't know if the pressure isn't high enough from the pump or if there are some gaskets or "o" rings blown. It is only 20 months old.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you start the cycle and wait about 5 minutes then open the door, does the water cover the entire bottom of the dishwasher?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes, the entire bottom is covered to the bottom of the float. I even added extra after a few minutes to make sure the pump had adequate supply. The sound never varied during the cycle , but I could tell from previous times that there wasn't as much agitation going on as there used to be.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 2 years ago.
This can be caused for two reasons, either you have a bad circulation pump and motor assembly or your disposal screen is getting clogged and needs to be cleaned out. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to clean out your disposal and take your pump apart.

CLICK HERE

If you clean out the screen and it still won't wash the dishes properly, then the entire circulation pump and motor assembly will need to be ordered and replaced, and that's a $160 part. Below is a link to the pump assembly you'd need to order for your model number.

CLICK HERE

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience: 7+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.