Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a Whirlpool Quiet Partner II dishwasher. The other

I have a Whirlpool Quiet Partner II dishwasher. The other day, I opened the door while it was in the middle of a cycle. Upon closing, the dishwasher appears to be dead. No lights on the control panel. I've checked the circuit breaker, its OK. I've checked the wiring with a meter its OK. What else should I be looking for?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Do you have a model number so I can see what would cause this issue? It should be located on a sticker around the frame of the dishwasher and it can be seen if you open the door.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Model number is XXXXX
If you're certain that there is power getting to the dishwasher, remove the kick panel below the dishwasher and look for the 3" x 3" sheet metal box with the wire connections in it. Turn the circuit breaker off to the dishwasher or unplug the dishwasher before servicing. Remove the cover plate and look at the wire connections to see if any of the wires in the junctions box have shorted out. If they have been shorted or melted, you'll need to cut them back and re-wire them. If you find nothing at all wrong with the connections, then your fuse or control board is just shorted for one reason or another and the fuse or control board inside the door will need to be ordered and replaced. You can't test the control board but you can test the fuse. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to take the door apart to test the fuse and replace whatever part is faulty. Once the fuse is removed, just check continuity if you have a multimeter to determine if the fuse is bad or not. If the fuse doesn't have continuity then replace it. If you don't have a multimeter, then just order and replace the fuse as it will be cheaper than buying a multimeter and it will give you the same answer.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have the front cover off. The video did not help me in identifying the fuse or in testing the fuse.

Look on the control board, there is a little round device witih 2 wires going to it. This is your fuse. Below is a link to the part so you can see what it looks like. You test it the same as as the video shows you how to test the fuse in the video.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

It appears that the fuse is bad? Could simply opening the door in the middle of a cycle cause this fuse to blow?

it can unfortunately. The fuse comonly fails and usually it doesn't tae much.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I am going to order the fuse. If this doesn't fix the problem, what else would you suggest trying? Also, once I sign off with you today, can I return another day and ask questions on this same issue without additional charges?
Yes, you can return another day and ask follow-up questions with no additional charge.

If the fuse doesn't fix the problem and you're sure the dishwasher is getting power, that would mean that your control board inside the door in the upper right corner of the door has failed and would need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Do you have information on the control board. Part #, where to order, etc. Also, I probably won't get back to repairing this for about a week after ordering the part. How long do I have to followup with you at no charge? How does one go about following up and not opening a brand new chargeable case?

Below is a link to the control board you'd need to order as well.

And the question never really slosed out. You can continue to ask follow-up questions for months if needed even after rating, but you just come back to this same question by bookmarking it or saving it to your favorites and then you can come back and ask questions just as you are doing now.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX your help.
not a problem. If you need anything else then please just let me know.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I installed the new fuse and everything's now working perfectly. Thanks again for your help.
awesome, I'm glad everything is working again!