Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My Kitchen Aid dishwasher is running but the dishes are not

My Kitchen Aid dishwasher is running but the dishes are not getting clean. Plus the detergent dispenser has detergent residue around it after each load? What do you think is wrong with it?
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

I need you to run a quick test cycle for me if you will. Empty the dishwasher and put 4 cups in the top rack (one in each corner facing upwards). Start a cycle and open the door up after 10 minutes. Are the cups filling up with water?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Where is my answer????? I sent you the answer to the question you asked me?????
I apologize, Inever got a response from you until just now, the last thing that I asked was:

Did you ever try to respond?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes I wrote to you about 30 minutes ago and said that the 4 cups had a small amount of water in each but the bottom of the dishwasher was full of water!
I'm sorry about that but it was never sent through for some reason. It sounds like your dishwasher is not getting enough water pressure coming out the spray arms. This can be caused for two reasons, either you have a bad circulation pump and motor assembly or your disposal screen is getting clogged and needs to be cleaned out. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to clean out your disposal and take your pump apart.

CLICK HERE

If you clean out the screen and it still won't wash the dishes properly, then the entire circulation pump and motor assembly will need to be ordered and replaced, and that's a $150 part.

All I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done and rate a 1 or 2 star please consider using the "continue conversation" link and telling me what more I can do or what more you would have liked that was within my power so that I possibly give you that information or help me improve my customer satisfaction rating.