Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

I have a kenmore mdl 665.13749k601 it will not start. I tried

I have a kenmore mdl 665.13749k601 it will not start. I tried the reset combo high temp/heated dry twice and was able to get all the lights on the control panel to come on. The unit then switch from normal wash to quick rinse several times and then go to normal wash and start but this would only last for about 2-3 minutes and it would shut down. When it did start the inlet valve kicked in but there was no water in the tub so I do not know if it timed out or what is going on. I unplugged the unit, removed the ckt board and ribbon cable, removed the water valve, reinstalled all these items and exact same result.
Hello I'm Larry and I will use all my training and knowledge of 40 years to help you with your Problem today ,, thanks

your having problems with the control board and it will have to be replaced, the part number is W10084141 which cost about $100 and you can get it at a local appliance parts dealer near you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Larry, I also did not mention is that once it cycles through none of the button on the contrl panel except high temp, sani, and heat dry illuminate and it will not start again until I run the reset sequence.

try this ,, to reset the board press these buttons in this order ,, thanks

high temp wash - then - heated dry,
high temp wash - then - heated dry,
high temp wash - then - heated dry,,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Same result, unit come on to normal wash, then changes over to quick wash, back to normal wash..actually sounds like it is running correctly, goes into quick wash and I opened the door, nothing, no water, it hit restart, it started up like it should, the normal led start button are both illuminated green and then it just times out in 2 or 3 minutes.
then i'm correct, you are going to have to replace the control board ,, thanks
do you have any further questions and if not then please remember to rate my answer based on the service you have received here today. If there are any problems at all, please respond so we may have a positive outcome.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Larry, I replaced the board and no lights lite up at all now on the consol. When I turned the power on it click 2 times. I turned off the power and checked all the connection, repowered up and same result two click coming from the board and nothing else
the only thing i can think is that the board shorted the control panel, the part you press the buttons, i have seen this have happen before but it don't happen very often, the part number for the panel is 8558208 and it cost about $110 ,, sorry about the problem your having with the sucker
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

therefore you are saying the original board may be good and it may just be the control panel. I will have to get a control panel?

no i'm not saying the original board may be good, i'm saying that the old board shorted out the control panel
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I will let you know the results once I get the ctrl panel.