Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.

My Kenmore Elite Oasis HE stopped in midcycle. First it had

My Kenmore Elite Oasis HE stopped in midcycle. First it had the UL code, then went to
F 51. What do I do?
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Okay do you happen to have the model number of the washer?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Is it one of these?

The error code F51 indicates an issue with the RPS sensor in the motor. It has been a source of trouble for the Cabrio, Bravos and Oasis machines. There has been a kit developed for the F51 trouble and comes with complete installation instructions, including pictures. It is available at the link below.

I am also sending you a link to the diagrams for your washer. If you look at the diagram for the diagram with the tub, the sensor is #20 on the diagram. I am here for further assistance and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Sorry, I had the repairman come out to replace the kit, and that was not the problem. It was a washrag which had 'jumped' the side of the tub, prohibiting free movement of the tub and setting off the F 51 code. He said that is a common problem. Sorry, but you blue it and cost me $58 dollars for nothing. Not 'smiley face'!
Sorry, I just looked at what I asked you and I thought I ask if the tub turned freely by hand but I see I didn't. If I had ask that question you probably would have said no and then we would have gone with something stuck under the tub. Great job on your part and again I am sorry.