Randy
Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.
18559950

LG washer wm2050c keeps blowing breaker. I plugged it into

LG washer wm2050c keeps blowing breaker. I plugged it into another outlet. washer blows that one also. they are 20amp breakers
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Okay you tried 3 different outlets and were these outlets on a different breaker? Also did it pop the breaker as soon as it got plugged in or did you try to start the washer then pop the breaker?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Three different breakers and when I try to power up
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
3 different breakers and pops when powering up
Sorry about the delay, ate dinner real quick. Okay do you have a voltmeter to test for voltage?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm sorry the dam thing pops as soon as you try to plug it in
Okay, first thing you need to do is to take off the top of the washer and lets look inside and see if there is anything noticeable. Let me know when you get the top off. Take a close look at where the power cord comes directly in to the washer for any broken wire or burn marks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
electrical filter is fried
Okay, that is your problem then. Now take a good look at the control board (you may have to remove the cover) to make sure it is all okay. I am sending you a link and the filter is #A450. Also it is back ordered on Sears but you can get is at another site called RepairClinic.com. I am sending you a link to them also. I am here for further assistance and thank you for your time and patience, Randy.

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/part-model/LG-Parts/Washer-Parts/Model-WM2050CW/3204/0153200/F0912146/00001?blt=06&prst=&shdMod=

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Noise-Filter/6201EC1006T/2226388?replacedManufacturerPartNumber=6201EC1006L
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Controlboard looks ok
Okay, so go ahead and replace the filter and you will be good to go. Again thank you for your time and patience and I am here for further assistance, Randy.
Everything go okay? If not just respond back to me so we can get you going.