Justin
Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service
40730774

mod#fam157s1a Frigidaire a/cond

mod#fam157s1a
Frigidaire a/cond
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.
Hello there and thanks for using Just Answer. My name is Justin. The display is reading ES which stands for evaporator sensor. I could get you the part number, but your model number is XXXXX two digits at the end. Look for a revision number like 11,12,13,14,15,16,A, or B. With that info, I can give you the proper part number.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello there and thanks for using Just Answer. My name is Justin. The display is reading ES which stands for evaporator sensor. I could get you the part number, but your model number is XXXXX two digits at the end. Look for a revision number like 11,12,13,14,15,16,A, or B. With that info, I can give you the proper part number....(B)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello there and thanks for using Just Answer. My name is Justin. The display is reading ES which stands for evaporator sensor. I could get you the part number, but your model number is XXXXX two digits at the end. Look for a revision number like 11,12,13,14,15,16,A, or B. With that info, I can give you the proper part number....
IT IS (B) @ THE END OF MOD#
Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.
Ok. I'm currently away from my desk. I'll get your part number as soon as I return.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK.
Expert:  Justin replied 2 years ago.

Ok, thanks for your patience. I was out last evening after work and did check my phone for a few things on Just Answer, but I didn't get back until very late... The part number for the evaporator sensor is(NNN) NNN-NNNNand it looks like it is going to cost 12-15 dollars. You can order it from any parts vendor online. Good luck.

Justin

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
APPL MOD#911.33209101,THE BELOW CALL FOR THIS PART #
Spark module

PART NUMBER: WB13T10038

Substitution: WB13T10046

Stove FRIGIDAIRE / Oven / Range Spark Module - PT#316135702
WILL THE PT#316135702 WORK (REPLACE) PT#WB13T10038?

I HAVE THE PT#316135702 IN STOCK AND THEY ARE SAME BUT WHEN I REPLACE PT#WB13T10038 WITH PT#316135702,
THE STRIKER ON THE BURNERS (ALL) ARE STILL STRIKING EVEN THO THE CONTROL KNOBS ARE TURNED OFF?
THE ABOVE PROBLEM WAS THE REASON I CHANGED THE STRIKER IN THE 1ST PLACE.
I HAVE NOT FORGOT TO LEAVE U A POS. FEEDBACK + BONUS.
THANKS,LACUZ
Expert:  replied 2 years ago.

It is generally Just Answer's policy to answer only one question per product, however...

As a favor to you, I will tell you that when a module fires, ALL the ignitors fire unless you have a several thousand dollar stove with an auto single reignition system, which you don't.

If the module is firing, it IS NOT bad. If the old one was firing, It WAS NOT bad. The problem is in one of the burner switches. The switch is a momentary circuit. When closed, it allows the 120vAC through to the module, when the switch is open, it stops the 120v and stops current flow. One of your switches is bad. Which one? I generally replace them all at once so every one is new and fresh. Sometimes they come in a daisy chain with all of them, sometimes they're sold individually.

I can't really go further with this part of the question. Honestly, we're not supposed to do it and I do have rules to follow. I hope you understand. If it relates to the original question posed, then it's not an issue. Thanks!

Justin, Appliance Technician
Experience: Owner of Shaffer's Appliance Service