Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

How do I remove the top panel of my Maytag Dryer to replace

How do I remove the top panel of my Maytag Dryer to replace the drum belt? It is Model #SDE4606AYW, Serial #12341498EG. The back lifts up, but the hinges are on the front of the model near the clips.

Hello, Thank you for using this service, I will be helping you with your problem today

the first thing you do is unplug the dryer and remove the front bottom panel # XXXXX by removing the screws # XXXXX on this diagram then there are screws holding the front panel # XXXXX , remove them and hinge the front panel out at the bottom to release it from the top clips. take the door switch wires off and put the front panel aside.you put the belt in from the front.heres a diagram on how the belt goes on the pulley through the back panel once you have it around the drum through the front. hope this helps, the only thing I ask of you is to please rate me with one of the top 3 ratings. If there is anything else I can help you with today just let me know. You can continue asking questions for as long as you like even after you rate me. Click the continue conversation link if you would like to continue this conversation. If you are done rather than rating me with a 1 or 2 smiley faces please use the (continue conversation) link and tell me what else I can do or what else you would like to know so that I can get you that information so I can improve my customer satisfaction rating. You may receive an email with my answer if so please sign back in and accept on the site itself. Its the only way I get paid for helping you. thank you and best wishes , Bryan

P.S. if you took the screws out of the back that holds the top put them back in and there are screws on the front holding the top down once those are out you can lift the top and lean it back against the wall to get the belt on.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you . That worked great!
you very welcome, have a great day !

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
All is working well and properly. Thanks again.

your welcome glad to hear that , thanks Bryan